This is my journey from fat to thin. Not hugely fat but could lose about 10kgs. The problem is I love to cook... and eat. Today I decided to take action and get serious about getting healthy by following different eating regimes to suit my mood. This is a photo blog of food I am eating to get to where I want to be. Goal: lose 10kg. Total lost: 4.7kg
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Roast Vegetables for Unwell Personas
I have been trying to shake a cold for the last week and it just ain't happening. This is partially to do with having a non sleeping toddler and partner in the house. My immunity is shot and I feel wrecked. Am constantly reaching for quick carb comfort food but am trying to get some healthy veg in inbetween. Last night I made a large tray of roast vegetables and my body just woofed it down. Clearly this is what the doctor ordered, lots of colourful vegetables with all those lovely vitamins and minerals. I am off to the food market shortly to get a stash of more vegetables to make a big pot of minestrone soup for dinner tonight. But in the meantime here is my recipe for roast vegetables.
Ingredients
1 orange sweet potato cubed (4cm)
2 red skin potatoes cubed (2.5cm as they take longer to cook)
2 red onions sliced into chunks
half a garlic separated into cloves but leave the skin on
2 courgettes sliced into chunks
2 yellow peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
salt and pepper
Method
Prepare all the vegetables by washing them and cutting into chunks. Place in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper and drizzle over oil and balsamic glaze (or balsamic vinegar if you have some). Massage the oil and glaze into the vegetables.
Cook at 220 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked, turning vegetables occasionally. I served my vegetables with some pan fried rump steak with some more balsamic glaze drizzled over the steak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment