This is my journey from fat to thin. Not hugely fat but could lose about 10kgs. The problem is I love to cook... and eat. Today I decided to take action and get serious about getting healthy by following different eating regimes to suit my mood. This is a photo blog of food I am eating to get to where I want to be. Goal: lose 10kg. Total lost: 4.7kg
Friday, July 1, 2011
a lovely ladies lunch...
I enjoyed a fabulous lunch at my favourite cousin today. It was so fresh and zingy, I just had to take a photo and get the recipe. So here it is...
Lisa's Chicken Noodle Salad
Ingredients
2 cooked chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
4 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 broccoli cut into florets
100g green beans trimmed
1 red pepper sliced
2 packs udon noodles
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1cm piece fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
fresh limes cut into wedges to squeeze over the top
Method
Blanch the broccoli and beans for 3 minutes.
Fry the red peppers in a little oil in a non-stick frying pan for a couple of minutes.
Cook the noodles for a minute in boiling water. Drain the noodles.
In a mixing bowl combine the noodles, vegetables, chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds.
Serve in noodle bowls with a wedge of lime for squeezing over. Sprinkle coriander over the top.
After lunch we enjoyed a seriously good lemon tart which has for a long time been one of my favourites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment