This past weekend was rather chilly which put me in the unfortunate position where I felt the need to produce warm puddings all weekend. Needless to say the scales are not my friend this morning, but I'm hoping that if I am very good for the next 48 hours I'll be able to reverse the damage. Fingers crossed.
These puddings are not the prettiest puddings in the world, but they do taste good. They all required very little effort and use ingredients that are generally found at home, so I was able to impress the family with ready steady cook.
Friday night : Lemon Pudding
Saturday night : Chocolate Pear Pudding
Sunday: Milk Tart
Friday night: Lemon Pudding
A light lemony saucy sponge type pudding
Ingredients
55g butter
115g sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 eggs separated
55g self-raising flour
285ml milk
Method
Soften the butter slightly in the microwave. Using a cake mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl before adding the lemon rind and juice, egg yolks, flour and milk and folding together until mixed.
In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the pudding mixture gently before pouring into an ovenproof pudding type dish. Place pudding dish into a roasting tin, and pour a kettle of boiled water into the roasting tin to surround the pudding dish.
Bake at 200 for 45 minutes.
Saturday night: Chocolate Pear PuddingA chocolate sponged topped pear affair
Ingredients
1 can pears drained
60g flour
15g cocoa powder
60g castor sugar
75g butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Place the pears in a small round oven proof dish. The pears should fill the dish. The one I use is the size of a side plate.
Mix the remaining ingredients together using a cake mixer. Spread over the pears.
Bake at 200 for 30 minutes.
I served this pudding with some chocolate sauce out of a bottle, but you could serve it with ice-cream or cream or all of the above.
Sunday night: Milk Tart
A South African light custart tart topped with cinnamon
I am not going to share this milk tart recipe as I don't believe it tastes authentic. Milk Tart is a traditional South African custard tart that is topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon. This tasted good, but not as good as it could. So I will redo the milk tart in the near future and share the best recipe I can find.


No comments:
Post a Comment