This is my journey from fat to thin. Not hugely fat but could lose about 10kgs. The problem is I love to cook... and eat. Today I decided to take action and get serious about getting healthy by following different eating regimes to suit my mood. This is a photo blog of food I am eating to get to where I want to be. Goal: lose 10kg. Total lost: 4.7kg
Monday, July 4, 2011
Chicken Nuggets... another fat girl fat recipe
My kids have been begging me to buy them chicken nuggets but I refuse because I know they variety you find in the frozen section of the supermarket contain some ingredients that should just be illegal, plus they are not made out of chicken breast, but pulverised chicken bones, skin and all the bits you wouldn't ordinarily choose to eat.
I read somewhere if you marinade strips of chicken in buttermilk for a couple of days it tenderises the chicken. Well I did just that and it was delicious. I then dipped the strips of chicken into some store bought crumbs for coating schnitzels or calamari, and then fried in about half a cup of oil. Well these were a real hit. My kids made chicken burgers out of them and are begging for the same again next weekend. I will probably wait a month because of the fat content.
Labels:
buttermilk,
chicken,
crumbs,
oil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment